28 November 2008

Galilee is amazing.

I really don't want to post tonight because I don't have all of my pictures labeled yet, and I do not have my itinerary with me so I can't completely do it justice, but I've waited long enough and this does need to be done.

On our drive up to Galilee we made stops at Caesarea Maritina, Megiddo, and Nazareth. Caesarea is right on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, and is the location of the Apostle Paul's two-year imprisonment before he traveled to Rome.

Not much to say about Megiddo...it'll be the location of Armageddon. Woohoo end of the world.

Nazareth was a nice little town. Our main stop in Nazareth was the Church of the Enunciation, which is unique in its art. Countries from all over the world have contributed mosaics of the birth of Christ, or of the Virgin Mary with the Baby Jesus, and they line the walls both inside and outside the church. The contributions from the different countries were beautiful, and many of them were very much in the cultural style of their own land -- the Asian countries were obviously Asian, Spain's was obviously Spanish, etc. They were really cool.

I would have posted pictures, but the internet is being stupid. I'll move onto a new post.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! Another post. I was beginning to think you had disappeared.

Melanie said...

Can't wait to hear more and see your pictures! Crazy that you'll be home so soon . . .